Payment Policy:

To secure your reservation, a 20% deposit of the total cost is required. The remaining 80% must be paid no later than 60 days before the commencement of the tour. An invoice will be sent approximately one week before the balance due date. Failure to make the payment by the due date allows us to treat the booking as cancelled.

Cancellation Policy:

After your confirmation, you can cancel your booking at any point, provided written notice is given by the ‘lead name’ (if possible). The cancellation becomes effective on the day we receive the notice. If cancelled more than 60 days before the tour, your 20% deposit can be applied to one of our future tours. If cancelled between 60 and 30 days before the tour, 60% of the total invoice cost is charged as cancellation fees, and the remaining 40% can be utilized for a future tour. No refunds are issued if the cancellation occurs less than 30 days before the tour.

Travel Insurance:

Travel insurance is mandatory, and we require you to obtain suitable coverage upon booking. Ensure that your insurance covers expensive items like optical equipment and valuable belongings, as many travel insurance policies may not provide sufficient coverage for individual high-value items. Consult your insurance broker to confirm coverage for medical emergencies, trip cancellations, delays, or other unforeseen events. Note that Portugal birding assumes no liability for luggage loss, damage, delay, personal injury, medical expenses, or repatriation costs during the tour, including those arising from flight delays or cancellations that may require additional hotel accommodation.


Get special offers from Portugal Birding

We would like to share with you our special tours, new events, discounts and promotions and other content that we think you would find interesting. If you agree in receiving this info from us, in your e-mail, please authorize below:

    as featured in

    Tell us what you would like to do, what you would like to see, to photograph and everything else that you think could contribute to your dream tour: